Advocate Tiara from A Happy Healthy Home shared this delightful recipe with us. It’s perfect for the summer. She gives the tip to make cookies in advance and freeze them as you need them!
For more recipes and tips/tricks visit, A Happy Healthy Home
- 2 cups Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal Multi-serve bag
- 11⁄2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 11⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cups raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 32 oz your favorite ice cream to pair with these cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Set aside.
- Using your mixer, combine butter and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and mix. Add the vanilla and honey and mix.
- Next, add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Once combined slowly stir in the oats, raisins, and walnuts. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a lined baking sheet. Place cookies roughly 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. I’ve found that long the dough chills the longer the cooking time. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack.
- To assemble ice cream sandwiches, place a hearty scoop of your favorite ice cream between two finished cookies
- Store in an airtight container.