We don’t know about you, but we want to get extra festive, delicious Thanksgiving flavors into everything we can this week…and so do our friends at Joolies Dates!
We teamed up to create a simple, seasonal #CupHack using our brand new Hearty Grains & Seeds cup and Joolies delicious Medjool Date Cinnamon Syrup.
The best part? Adding in sweet potatoes or squash for a savory-meets-sweet breakfast perfect for the season! (Hint: We know we’ll be using up Thanksgiving leftovers with this recipe!)
- 1 cup Hearty Grains & Seeds
- 2-4 tablespoons Joolie’s Organic Medjool Date Syrup with Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup roasted butternut squash
- Peel and cut butternut squash into 1 inch cubes. (we will only use about ½ cup for one serving)
- Place on tray and coat with olive oil (or coconut oil), salt, pepper and rosemary (fresh or dried)
- Roast the Butternut Squash in an oven for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees.
- After 20 minutes of cook time, take out the tray of and spread the butternut squash with approximately 3 tablespoons Joolie’s Organic Mejool Date Syrup with Cinnamon (depending on how big the squash is you may need more, approximately 1 tablespoon per half cup of squash)
- Cook the remaining time (about 10-15 minutes) and allow the squash to brown slightly.
- Remove from oven and prepare the Hearty Grains & Seeds Cup (as directed on side of cup, or substitute vegetable broth for water)
- Add about ½ cup of roasted butternut squash to the Hearty Grains & Seeds cup.
- Top with more Joolie’s Date Syrup if desired and enjoy!