Pumpkin Pie Spice Granola
Thanks to one of our new retailers, Hy-Vee, and one of it’s store dietitians, Susan Coe, MPH, RD, LMNT, we were able to create these seasonal recipes with ingredients commonly found in a food bank donation and at Hy-Vee.
- 3 cups Four Grain Hot Cereal
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, walnuts and salt in a large bowl. Mix pumpkin, honey, oil and vanilla in a separate bowl. Stir the pumpkin mixture into the oat mixture. Mix well. Spoon granola onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 30 – 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from oven; cool to room temperature. Stir in raisins. Store in an airtight container.
- Top a yogurt parfait paired with Hy-Vee Greek Vanilla Yogurt and fresh caramelized apple chunks, cinnamon and this pumpkin pie spice granola!