Our Hearty Grains & Seeds hot cereal is mixed with pumpkin & cranberries then baked to create a warm & delightful breakfast casserole.
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 21⁄2 cup Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal
- 11⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 13⁄4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease an 8x8x2-inch baking dish
- Stir the pecans, cereal, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together almond milk, syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in pumpkin & mix well. Add in the cereal mixture and cranberries, combine well. Spoon the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set. Let cool in the dish on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- If desired, stir the confectioners' sugar and water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth, adding more water as needed until desired consistency. Drizzle over the top of the bake.