We’re celebrating Lacy Oatmeal Cookie day with a delicious recipe with friends from @shoppri! Their delicious manuka honey and our gluten free oats blended together into a delectably thin and chewy cookie! Not to mention, we dipped these delectable chewy cookies in melted manuka honey mint chocolates!
- 11⁄4 cup Irish Steel Cut Oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon PRI fine-grain sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Shop PRI Manuka Honey
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter melted (and cooled)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon PRI flaky sea salt for topping
- 1⁄4 cup melted Shop Pri Manuka Honey Chocolate Candy with Mint
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oats, all-purpose flour, baking soda and fine sea salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, honey and melted butter until combined. Add the egg and pour in the vanilla, whisk until combined. Add the flour mixture in a couple batches, stirring in between additions until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out balls of dough, spacing them about 2 1/2-inches from one another on baking sheets. The cookies will spread a lot. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until they spread, and the edges are lightly golden brown. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then carefully move the cookies onto a cooling rack. Let sit for at least an hour before dipping in chocolate.
- To Melt Chocolate for Dipping Cookies
- In a medium saucepan bring about 2 inches of water to a low boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and place a glass bowl (or oven safe) bowl over the saucepan to fit on top. Slowly stir the chocolate until melted.