Elizabeth’s Healthy Life’s No-Bake Double Berry Granola Bars
Michigan’s local recipe blogger and physical therapist, Elizabeth, swears these no-bake bars are “kid-approved”!
- 11⁄2 cups Four Grain Hot Cereal
- 1⁄2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup salted roasted peanuts, chopped
- 11⁄2 cups freeze dried strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients except for dried strawberries and cherries in large mixing bowl. You may need a little extra peanut butter depending on how thin your butter is. You want the mixture to stick together.
- Stir in both berries.
- Take an 8 by 8 pan lined with parchment paper and pour mixture into pan. Press mixture firmly down into the pan to form a single uniform layer
- Place another layer of parchment paper on top and continue patting down the bars for about 2 minutes. This step is key to keeping the bars from falling apart when you cut them.
- Place pan in freezer for about 1 hour and then take out and cut into bars. Remove top layer of parchment paper and cut them into squares. Place into air tight container and store them in freezer or fridge.
- Elizabeth sprays her hands with cooking spray before pressing the mixture into the edges of the pan!