Want to mix up your fall breakfast? We love these Maple Oats Scones, made with our Hearty Grains & Seeds by Marisol Cooks!
- 1⁄2 cup Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal Multi-serve bag
- 11⁄2 cups almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄2 to 1 tablespoon almond milk or water
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a small cup whisk the egg, maple syrup and maple extract. Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on flat surface and dump the dough on it. With you hands, form a disk about 6″ in size and 1/2″ thick. The dough will be wet and sticky, you can wet your hands for better handling.
- Cut the disk into 8 pieces and transfer to the baking sheet. Reshape the scones if needed.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the powder sugar, maple extract and start by adding 1/2 tablespoon of almond milk and whisk. Add more milk until you get a smooth icing, then drizzle over the scones to taste.
- You can totally use rolled Oats for this recipe and it will still be delicious. The texture may be slightly different.