These morning cookies include a small amount of caffeine and a lot of flavor from Sencha Natural’s Organic Japanese matcha powder. We’ve blended a perfect combination of textures, sweetness and crunch!
- 11⁄4 cup Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal Multi-serve bag
- 2 teaspoons Sencha Everyday Organic Matcha Powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, mix the dry ingredients: Flour, Hearty Grains & Seeds, baking powder, matcha and salt. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together mashed banana, coconut oil, almond extract, and maple syrup until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix. Finally, stir in dark chocolate chips. Mix gently with a spatula. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Scoop cookies onto sheet with a spoon, 2-inches apart.
- Bake 10-13 minutes until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.