Dried cranberries are mixed into a classic apple crisp to add another layer of flavor. Use coconut flour with Hearty Grains & Seeds and you’ll have a delicious gluten free dessert.
- 6 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup 4 Grain Hot Cereal Blend Multi-serve Bag
- Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal Multi-serve bag
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Place the apples into a large bowl. Add the granulated sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch and cranberries and toss to coat. Spoon the apple mixture into an 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Stir the cereal, coconut flour, brown sugar and pecans in a medium bowl. Stir in the butter. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Prepare with our Hearty Grains & Seeds and coconut flour for a gluten free dessert.
- Feel free to omit the cranberries for a classic apple crisp.