We were thrilled to donate breakfast to FEEDback Retreat 2018, an annual program that Harvest and Honey’s very own founder, Lauren McDuffie, is inspired to host and organize with local volunteers. McDuffie even created a breakfast crisp with our Hearty Grains & Seeds!
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 3 cups assorted sliced stone fruit such as peaches plums, nectarines or apricots
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 11⁄2 cups
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta and the all fruit spread (or jam). Spread this evenly across the bottom of a tart pan, pie plate or small baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss together the stone fruit with the honey and the vanilla. Add this honeyed fruit mixture to the dish with the raspberry ricotta mixture, arrange the frut right on top.
- In a medium bowl, combine the hot cereal or oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt. Mix with your fingers to combine, working until the mixture is clumpy and evenly mixed. Top the fruit with this crisp mixture, ensuring that it is evenly spread across the dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Enjoy warm or at room temperature. This crisp will keep nicely in the fridge for up to 3 days.