Health by Short Stack’s Cinnamon Apple Baked Oats
Take back some time in your routine by prepping this oatmeal bake and give back to someone in your community who needs it. Paige’s Cinnamon Apple Baked Oats are great topped with a scoop of Greek yogurt, nuts or other protein!
- 11⁄2 cups Four Grain Hot Cereal
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 scoops protein powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 organic gala apple (or your preferred apple), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry together in one bowl. Mix wet together in another bowl. Combine well.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Pour into coconut oil lightly greased 9x9 pan. Add pecan halves on top.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 mins, till top settles and all is golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Paige served her recipe wiith organic full-fat plain Greek yogurt and more cinnamon, to keep me full all morning.