We may have just found the ultimate holiday cookie 🍪 Packed with chocolatey goodness and festive peppermint flavor from crushed candy canes, these Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Cookies by Georgia from Goodness with G are made with our Hearty Grains & Seeds Multigrain Cereal. Giving back has never tasted so good.
- 1 cup Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal Multi-serve bag
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup drippy almond butter
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- crushed candy cane for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend oats in a food processor or high speed blender to create a flour.
- Pour into a bowl with cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together almond butter, egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, peppermint and vanilla extracts.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place batter in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Scoop into 12 balls, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Top with candy canes immediately after removing from oven.
- Cool for several minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.