Scones with your favorite touch of deliciousness! Choose either fresh fruit or yummy dark chocolate chips to add to this scone recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal Multi-serve bag
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or half n half
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or dark chocolate chips
- 1 egg yolk (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream or half n half (for topping)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (for topping blueberry scones) or sea salt (for topping the chocolate chip scones)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the butter into small cubes.
- Mix the cereal blend, flour, salt, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl.
- Fork the butter into the flour mixture until it is well dispersed and clumpy.
- Separate the egg white from the egg and mix egg white, cream and vanilla together. Put aside the egg yolk. Then, stir into the dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Gently fold in blueberries or chocolate chips
- Move the dough onto a floured surface and pat into about an 8" circle. (should be about 1-1.5” high)
- Cut into 8 pie shaped slices and place pieces on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- For the topping, whisk the egg yolk and cream together and brush on the top of each scone.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the scones
- Bake for 15-19 minutes, or until golden brown.