Local Chef Erik from Atlanta helped create and test this recipe to be served at the brunch for the ACFB Summer Dish 2019!
- 28 ounces 4 Grain Hot Cereal Blend Multi-serve Bag
- 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup light-brown sugar
- 11⁄2 cups honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit with rack lined in the middle of the oven.
- Line a 17” x 12” sheet pan with parchment paper sprayed with nonstick. Be sure to have about an inch of the parchment paper hanging over the side. This will help remove the baked granola a lot easier.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, salt, coconut flakes, apricots and almonds.
- In a medium bowl melt the butter. Immediately whisk in the honey brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Transfer the butter mixture into the oat mixture. Work the mixtures together with your hands to ensure it is all incorporated. Should be slightly sticky.
- Transfer granola mixture to the prepared baking sheet and evenly spread across throughout. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30-minutes, rotating halfway through, and the top of the granola is slightly golden brown and a toasty scent perfumes your kitchen.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool for about 1-hour. Once granola sheet is completely cooled, place a large cutting board over the top and flip the pan removing the parchment paper.
- Cut out 24 granola bars and serve immediately or keep in a sealed container which will be good at room temperature for 14 days.