Chef Erik Forman was thoughtful enough to create this twist on a classic cookie with our 4 Grain Hot Cereal Blend while partnered with him for the annual Summer Dish event at the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
- 1 cup 4 Grain Hot Cereal Blend Multi-serve Bag
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add the 4 Grain Hot Cereal, flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt. Mix all together until well incorporated.
- In the same bowl add the egg, vanilla and softened butter. Fold the mixture with your hands right until all the ingredients starts coming together and not so dry. Add the chocolate chips and mix in until dough is no longer sticking to the sides of the bowl.
- Generously spray two baking sheets with non stick spray or coat with a teaspoon of melted butter.
- With a tablespoon, scoop out some cookie dough, roll into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Place each cookie dough about 2-inches apart.
- Place cookies in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, until cookies begin to lightly brown at the bottom and the top, firm to the touch, but still soft.
- Serve while warm, or wrap cookies in plastic or sealed container to keep soft.