October 20, 2020
Want to start your day off right before the long walk to your home office? Try one of these delicious and nutritious office breakfast ideas.
In this article, we, the breakfast experts at The Soulfull Project, walk you through our favorite morning meal recipes so you don’t have to think about what to eat before your morning coffee kicks in.
We also let you in on how you can be a part of The Soulfull Project’s unique community efforts to supply servings of our hot cereal to food banks in your area.
Home Office Breakfast Ideas
Starting our list of home office breakfast ideas is a tried-and-true favorite your whole family will love: oatmeal.
Oatmeal is one of our favorite morning meal options for several reasons:
- It’s easy to make
- It’s nutritious
- It’s delicious
- You can customize it to your heart’s content
It’s the last reason that makes oatmeal so versatile and ideal for a family of finicky eaters. You can make your oatmeal sweet. You can make it savory. You can add lots of toppings. Or you can add none.
It all depends on the flavors you love and what you’re craving from this tasty hot breakfast.
Below is a very basic oatmeal recipe for a quick meal any time of the day.
- Water, milk, or broth
- Salt (optional)
- Measure the appropriate amount of water or milk into a microwave-safe bowl
- Add in the appropriate amount of oats and salt (optional)
- Place your bowl in the microwave
- Cook on high for 2½ to 3 minutes
- Use caution; the bowl may be hot
Stir in your favorite toppings such as brown sugar, cinnamon, fresh fruit, and nuts for a hearty and healthy home office breakfast idea that can’t be beat.
2) Breakfast Sandwich
Fast-food or takeout breakfast sandwiches are a favorite of the on-the-go crowd. With a dash of imagination and a bit of prep, you can enjoy a DIY breakfast sandwich without leaving your house.
Not sure how to start? Try this filling vegetarian option (it’s one of our favorite home office breakfast ideas) for an energizing way to start your day.
- English muffins
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite variety of tomato
- Cilantro (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Measure 1 teaspoon of olive oil into a pan
- Place pan on stove and set to medium heat
- Wait a minute or two for oil to heat up
- Slice off a thick piece of tomato
- Saute the tomato in olive oil, turning as necessary
- Toast the English muffins
- Slice pieces of avocado and place on one of the English muffins
- Stack the tomato on top of the avocado
- Add a piece of fresh mozzarella, salt and pepper to taste, and cilantro
- Place the other English muffin on top and enjoy!
If you don’t have time to stand at the stove, this recipe idea is equally as good with an uncooked tomato.
3) Grab-And-Go Overnight Oatmeal
If you’ve ever wanted to eat a candy bar first thing in the morning, this home office breakfast idea is for you.
Our coconut and almond crunch overnight oatmeal makes a great mug meal and is so delicious you may even jump out of bed before your alarm goes off just to get to breakfast sooner!
- Rolled oats
- Milk, water, or broth
- Vanilla yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped almonds
- Maple syrup
- Add 1 cup of rolled oats to a quart mason jar
- Add 1 cup of liquid
- Measure in 1 tablespoon of your favorite yogurt
- Add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (more or less to taste)
- Measure in 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips
- Add 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut
- Add 1 tablespoon of chopped almonds
- Drizzle in a bit of maple syrup
- Mix ingredients until you don’t see any clumps
- Seal or cover with lid
- Place in the refrigerator for at least two hours
In the morning, all you need is the jar of overnight oatmeal and a spoon to enjoy this healthy home office breakfast treat.
4) Broiled Grapefruit For home office breakfast ideas
For a breakfast idea that has loads of complex carbohydrates (the good kind), try this recipe for broiled grapefruit and avoid the mid-morning crash.
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut oil
- Move oven shelf to top-most position
- Turn broiler on low
- Cut grapefruit in half
- Mix 1.5 tablespoons of coconut sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a bowl
- Spread a thin layer of coconut oil over both grapefruit halves
- Sprinkle with cinnamon mixture
- Place grapefruit halves on foil-lined baking sheet
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until sugar bubbles
A healthy breakfast really is just that easy!
5) Oatmeal Bars
Another one of our favorite home office breakfast ideas reminds us of eating brownies before the sun comes up, but with a decidedly nutritious kick.
These chickpea and chocolate oatmeal bars taste great and will keep you running strong until lunch.
- ¼ cup of Four Grain Hot Cereal (Wanna go gluten-free? Try our Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal instead.)
- 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- ¾ cup of light brown sugar
- ¼ cup of your favorite nut butter
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- ⅓ cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit
- Blend the first six ingredients (not the chocolate chips) in an electric mixer until they’re the consistency of cookie dough
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Spread the mixture in a greased baking pan (We use the 8” x 8” size, but you can use whatever you have.)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Cut oatmeal bars into the size and shape that works best for you
- Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator
In the morning, pile one or two (or five) on a plate and enjoy them wherever you may be working that day.
6) Vanilla Chia Pudding
No list of breakfast ideas would be complete without chia pudding. This easy, make-the-night-before option is ideal for those who need to go straight from bed to work or school.
- Chia seeds
- Coconut milk
- Measure ¼ cup of chia seeds into a small bowl, glass, or mason jar
- Add 1 cup of your favorite flavor of coconut milk
- Drizzle in ½ tablespoon of honey
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight
While you sleep, the chia seeds will more than double in size, soften, and take on a pudding- or yogurt-like consistency. All you have to do in the morning is add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
The Best Of The Home Office Breakfast Ideas
One of the best home office breakfast ideas for busy professionals and students of all ages is hot cereal.
It’s easy to make, tastes great, and packs a healthy punch that will help you power through your morning. In fact, many of The Soulfull Project’s hot cereal varieties take less than five minutes from start to finish.
When you experience all of the health benefits that hot cereal has to offer, you’ll want to share it with the world. We’re right there with you! That’s why we created our serving-for-serving program.
Show you care about the health and happiness of your neighbors and provide a delicious and healthy breakfast in the process. That small act can change the world for the better — one serving at a time.
For more information on the serving-for-serving program and to check out all our delicious hot cereal flavors, visit TheSoulfullProject.com today.