August 5, 2020
Breakfast can often be the most difficult meal of the day. Oatmeal bars are the solution to that problem.
You know you want something nutritious to fuel your body in the morning, but it’s nearly impossible to find the time to eat a healthy meal before everyone rushes to get their day started.
Pre-made, ready-to-go oatmeal bars are an ideal way to fill your stomach and squeeze in some nutrition no matter what’s on your schedule. They also make a healthy snack for homeschooling breaks or in-between meetings.
Plus, they’re a fun and delicious treat the whole family will love!
In this article, the oatmeal experts at The Soulfull Project introduce you to our favorite oatmeal bars recipes that are great for breakfasts, snacks, or anytime hunger hits.
We’ll also let you in on how you can be a part of The Soulfull Project’s unique community efforts to supply servings of our hot cereal to food banks in your area.
Delicious Oatmeal Bars Recipes
Oatmeal bars are very much like overnight oatmeal — another quick and easy breakfast or snack for on-the-go individuals — but in solid rather than porridge form.
As you’ll see in the recipes below, you can customize your oatmeal bars however you want and include any ingredients that tickle your taste buds.
1) Chickpea, Chocolate, And Brown Sugar Oatmeal Bars
If you like Blondies, you’ll love this oatmeal bar alternative.
- ¼ cup of Four Grain Hot Cereal (Wanna go gluten-free? Try our Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal instead.)
- 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- ¾ cup of light brown sugar
- ¼ cup of your favorite nut butter
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- ⅓ cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit
- Blend the first six ingredients (not the chocolate chips) in an electric mixer until they’re the consistency of cookie dough
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Spread the mixture in a greased baking pan (We use the 8” x 8” size, but you can use whatever you have.)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Cut oatmeal bars into the size and shape that works best for you
- Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Or, if you’re like us, eat all of these tasty oatmeal bars in a day or two. That way, they don’t take up space in your fridge!
2) Trail Mix Oatmeal Bars
Looking for a recipe that’s scrumptiously chewy? Try this trail mix bar recipe.
- 1 ¾ cups of Four Grain Hot Cereal
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ⅓ cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- Measure all ingredients into a large bowl
- Mix until everything is well combined and the cranberries and seeds are evenly distributed
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Spread the mixture onto the cookie sheet until the oatmeal bars are as thick as you like them
- Cut the mixture into the sizes and shapes you like (2” x 3” rectangles work well)
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour or until firm
- Remove from the cookie sheet and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
When it’s time for breakfast or a snack, pull out one or two of these chewy oatmeal bars and you’re ready to go!
3) Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Bars
These cinnamon apple oatmeal bars taste great with a cup of Greek yogurt!
- 1 ½ cups of Four Grain Hot Cereal
- 2 tablespoons of flax meal
- 2 scoops of protein powder (pea protein makes these a vegetarian treat)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 chopped apple
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl
- Mix wet ingredients together in another bowl
- Blend dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- Fold in chopped apples
- Lightly grease a baking pan with coconut oil
- Pour mixture into pan
- Sprinkle pecan halves on top
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top settles and all is golden brown
- Let cool
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Take back breakfast by prepping these awesome oatmeal bars the night before so they’re ready to go when you are!
4) Apricot, Coconut, Almond Oatmeal Bars
If you like to fix it and forget it, try these sweet and nutty oatmeal bars that you can keep on your counter for up to 14 days!
- 28 ounces of Four Grain Hot Cereal
- ⅔ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups of dried apricots
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup of light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups of honey
- Move oven rack to middle position
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease parchment paper with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet (Leave about an inch hanging off the sides all around to make removing the oatmeal bars easier.)
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, salt, coconut flakes, apricots, and almonds
- In a medium bowl, melt the butter. Immediately whisk in the honey, brown sugar, and vanilla extract
- Transfer the butter mixture into the oat mixture
- Work the mixtures together with your hands to ensure it is all incorporated (should be slightly sticky)
- Transfer granola mixture to the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, rotating halfway through, until the top of the granola is slightly golden brown
- Remove pan from oven and let cool for about one hour
- When granola mixture is completely cooled, place a large cutting board over the top and flip the pan
- Remove the parchment paper
- Cut out 24 granola bars and serve immediately or keep in a sealed container at room temperature for 14 days
The whole family will love these fruity treats!
The Best Bars Start With The Best Oatmeal
We know all about the health benefits that oatmeal has to offer, and we want everyone to experience those benefits for themselves!
That’s why we make a variety of hot cereal products for every taste and preference. Our flavors include:
- Tart Cherry
- Hearty Grains & Seeds
- Blueberry Almond
- Four Grain Hot Cereal
- Brown Sugar Pecan
- Cinnamon Spice
- Irish Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon
No matter which hot cereal or oatmeal you choose for the base of your oatmeal bars, you’ll get other hearty and healthy ingredients, such as:
You can then add your own ingredients to your oatmeal bars for a truly unique and delicious meal or snack.
When you experience what oatmeal bars can do for your morning, you’ll want to share the benefits with others. With The Soulfull Project, you can!
For every serving you purchase, The Soulfull Project will provide a serving of our hot cereal to a regional food bank in your area. Now, eating oatmeal bars for breakfast can contribute to the health and happiness of you, your family, and your neighbors.
With The Soulfull Project, you can make the world a better place, one serving at a time!
For more information on the serving-for-serving program and to check out all our delicious hot cereal flavors, visit TheSoulfullProject.com today.