Easy and quick breakfast ideas are like gold when you’re pressed for time in the morning. In this article, we discuss our favorite ones so you don’t have to tackle your day on an empty stomach.
We’ll also let you in on how you can be a part of The Soulfull Project’s unique community efforts to supply delicious and nutritious servings of our hot cereal to food banks in your area.
Quick Breakfast Ideas
1) Hot Oatmeal
No list of easy and quick breakfast ideas would be complete without hot oatmeal. It’s nutritious and delicious, and you can customize it to your heart’s content. That makes it perfect for a family of finicky eaters.
It all depends on the flavors you love and what you’re craving from this quick breakfast.
For inspiration (and recipes) on how to incorporate hot oatmeal into your morning routine, check out these articles from The Soulfull Project blog:
- Instant Pot Oatmeal For An Easy And Nutritious Breakfast
- How To Make Oatmeal For A Delicious, Healthy Breakfast
- How To Make Oatmeal Taste Good: 10 Easy Tips
2) Granola Breakfast Bars
This recipe is actually three different granola breakfast bars in one because you choose the type of granola you add to the mix.
We recommend one of the following flavors for a breakfast bar that tastes like nothing you’ve ever had before:
You can even mix the flavors together for a truly unique experience.
Regardless of the variety you choose, you’ll love this addition to the list of quick breakfast ideas because the granola bars are vegan, gluten-free, Non-GMO Project verified, and delicious from start to finish!
- 4 cups of your favorite Soulfull Project granola flavor
- 1 3⁄4 cups of flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups of brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ cup of raisins (optional)
- 1 cup of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda
- Stir in butter, eggs, and vanilla
- Mix well
- Stir in granola, chocolate chips, and raisins (optional)
- Scoop one-inch balls onto cookie sheet
- Bake for 9-11 minutes
- Remove from the oven
- While hot, cut the granola bars into squares, rectangles, or whatever shape you like
- Let cool and enjoy
Want even more inspiration for quick breakfast ideas that include granola? Check out these articles from The Soulfull Project blog:
- How To Make Steel Cut Oats Granola You Can Snack On Any Time
- 6 Homemade Granola Recipes For A Nutritious Breakfast
- Granola Nutrition Facts, Health Benefits, And Tips
3) Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are one of the quickest of the quick breakfast ideas on this list.
Instead of boiling the oats in nut milk, water, or broth in the morning when you’re pressed for time, simply soak the oats overnight in the liquid of your choice. As the oats soak, they absorb the liquid and soften enough that you can eat them uncooked.
Technically, overnight oats only need to soak in the refrigerator for two hours, so you could get up early and prep a quick meal before work, but the long hours between when you mix it at night and when you eat it in the morning make it all the better!
Then, when breakfast rolls around, add your favorite toppings and ingredients for a grab-and-go breakfast treat that can’t be beat.
Not sure what flavor combinations work well with overnight oatmeal? Check out these articles from The Soulfull Project blog:
- How To Make Overnight Oatmeal In 10 Easy Steps
- 6 Home Office Breakfast Ideas To Start Your Day Right
4) Chia Pudding
Chia pudding is an easy and quick breakfast that is ideal for those who need to go straight from bed to work or school.
Much like you would for overnight oats, mix all the ingredients before you go to bed, get a good night’s sleep, and wake up to a breakfast that’s ready to eat.
Here’s a tasty recipe for chia pudding, but you can customize this recipe to fit your own unique taste.
- Chia seeds
- Coconut milk
- Measure ¼ cup of chia seeds into a small bowl, glass, or mason jar
- Add 1 cup of your favorite flavor of coconut milk
- Drizzle in ½ tablespoon of honey
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight
While you sleep, the chia seeds will more than double in size, soften, and take on a pudding- or yogurt-like consistency. All you have to do in the morning is add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
5) No-Bake Chocolate Mint Protein Balls
All we can say about this addition to our list is YUM! We love everything about these tasty treats: the “no-bake,” the chocolate, the mint, and the protein.
Grab a handful of nuts as you head out the door, and you’ve got a well-rounded meal that will see you through to lunch.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of pitted dates (12-13)
- ½ cup of chocolate crispy rice cereal
- ¼ cup of raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips
- ⅛ teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate protein powder
- ¼ tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of water
- Measure oats, dates, ¼ cup of chocolate crispy rice cereal, protein powder, cashews, chocolate chips, peppermint extract, and water into a food processor
- Process until combined (a large ball of dough will form)
- Break up the ball of dough, add remaining chocolate crispy rice cereal, and process again until combined
- Scoop out about one tablespoon of dough at a time and roll into balls
- Place balls on parchment paper and store in the fridge until ready to eat (ours rarely make it to that last part)
For quick breakfast ideas that travel even better, try making these protein balls just a bit smaller so you can pop one in your mouth and go.
Need more ideas for portable snacks? Check out this article from The Soulfull Project blog: 4 Easy And Healthy Snacks For Kids To Eat At Home Or On The Go.
The Best Of The Quick Breakfast Ideas
Want to add even more energy and nutrition to your morning routine? Try the best of the quick breakfast ideas: hot cereal.
The Soulfull Project’s hot cereal is so good and so easy your whole family will be clamoring for a second helping — even the pickiest eaters among you.
But you don’t have to eat hot cereal by itself to experience all the flavor and benefits it has to offer. You can include hot cereal in any of the recipes on this list as a way to pack even more vitamins and minerals into an already healthy breakfast treat.
The Soulfull Project hot cereal contains oatmeal — so you’ll enjoy the health and nutrition benefits that it has to offer — as well as other hearty grains, including:
Plus, with The Soulfull Project’s hot cereals — including Apple Cinnamon, Blueberry Almond, Brown Sugar Pecan, Cinnamon Spice, and Toasted Coconut — you can add delicious flavor to any recipe that calls for oatmeal.
Either way, you get a tasty and vitamin-packed treat that does your body good.
If that weren’t incentive enough, you’ll also be helping out those in need in your community. For every serving you purchase, The Soulfull Project will donate a serving of our hot cereal to a food bank in your area.
We’re making the world a better place, one serving at a time. You can help!
To get more information on the serving-for-serving program, and to check out all of our delicious oatmeal and hot cereal flavors, visit TheSoulfullProject.com today.