Nutritious and delicious dairy-free breakfast ideas can be hard to come by. But search no further, because we’re here for you.
In this article, we’ve assembled our favorite dairy-free breakfast recipes your whole family is sure to love.
We’ll also introduce you to oatmeal on a mission and let you in on how you can be a part of our unique community effort to supply servings of our hot cereal to food banks in your area.
Dairy-Free Breakfast Ideas
1) Overnight Oats
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (e.g., almond, coconut, etc.), water, or broth
- ⅛ cup of flax, chia, or hemp seeds (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Add rolled oats and liquid to the container of your choice (a canning jar with a lid works well)
NOTE: Use a 1-to-1 ratio of oats to liquid to customize the overnight oats to your needs. For example, if you need less, add ½ cup of rolled oats to ½ cup of milk or water. Keep in mind that oatmeal will swell slightly as it absorbs liquid.
- Add seeds and vanilla extract (all optional)
- Mix until you don’t see any clumps
- Seal or cover with a lid
- Place in the refrigerator for at least two hours
- In the morning, add your favorite toppings
- Overnight Oats: Nutritional Benefits And 5 Delicious Recipes
- How To Make Overnight Oatmeal In 10 Easy Steps
2) Dairy-Free Breakfast Granola
- 4 cups of oats (rolled oats work well and are gluten-free)
- ½ cup of maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup of melted coconut oil
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of pecans
- ½ cup of hemp seed
- ⅔ cup of dried cherries (chop if too large for your taste)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, seeds, salt, and cinnamon
- Stir well
- Pour in coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla
- Mix until all the oats and nuts are lightly coated
- Spread granola mix onto baking sheet
- Bake for 24 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed for at least 45 minutes (this helps to give your granola the crisp, crunchy texture)
- Break granola into the size you prefer and store in an airtight container at room temperature for one to two weeks (or freeze for up to three months)
If DIY isn’t your thing, make your dairy-free breakfast easy with The Soulfull Project’s crispy Granola.
3) Instant Pot Steel-Cut Oatmeal
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of almond (or other non-dairy) milk
- 1 cup of steel-cut oats
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1 generous pinch of kosher salt (optional)
- Measure ingredients directly into your Instant Pot
- Press the manual setting and set the cooking time for three minutes on high
- After those three minutes, allow the oatmeal to sit in the Instant Pot (with the lid on) to “natural release” the pressurized steam for 20 minutes
- Press the release valve with the end of a wooden spoon to vent any residual steam
- Remove the lid (always angle the top of the lid toward your face to prevent steam from burning your skin)
- Scoop oatmeal into a serving bowl
- Add toppings of your choice with additional milk to taste
- Enjoy this delicious dairy-free breakfast!
If you love oatmeal as much as we do, be sure to check out these articles from The Soulfull Project blog:
4) Dairy-Free Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup of almond meal
- ¾ cup of creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup of honey
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips (for the topping)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (for the topping)
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, coconut, and almond meal
- Set aside
- In a large microwave-safe bowl (or in a pot on the stove), slowly melt and stir the peanut butter and honey together until smooth
- Add vanilla and salt (optional) and stir until combined (if you like the sweet and salty combination, we suggest going straight to the ½ teaspoon of salt)
- Pour the dry ingredients (oats, coconut, and almond meal) from the small bowl into the large bowl and mix well
- Spread into a baking pan
- Set aside
- To make the chocolate topping, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together on the stovetop or in the microwave (heat for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until the mix is smooth)
- Drizzle or spread the melted chocolate/peanut butter topping over the no-bake oatmeal bars
- Place the baking pan in the refrigerator for at least an hour to help the chocolate set
- Cut and serve at room temperature or cold
- Store in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator
Dairy-free breakfast bars are super convenient for when you have to get up and get out the door.
For more recipes to fuel your day, take a moment to read this article from The Soulfull Project blog: 5 Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas To Help You Conquer Your Week.
5) Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup of steel-cut or rolled oats
- 1 ⅓ cup of non-dairy milk (coconut, almond, or soy work well)
- 1 tablespoon of white or cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of applesauce (nut butter, oil, and mashed banana are also options)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour (we like oat flour for its gluten-free properties)
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Stir together oats, milk, vinegar, and applesauce in a large mixing bowl
- Let sit for 10 minutes (don’t skip this step)
- Measure in remaining ingredients and combine to form a batter
- Pour into a lined muffin pan
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean
- Let cool completely in the muffin pan
These dairy-free breakfast muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go, but for even more great recipes, take a few minutes to read this article from The Soulfull Project blog: 5 High-Fiber Breakfast Ideas To Support Your Gut Health.
The Secret To A Delicious Dairy-Free Breakfast
If you want to make your breakfast even healthier and tastier, add hot cereal to the mix.
Hot cereal contains hearty grains, including:
It’s an easy way to pack plenty of vitamins and minerals into any dairy-free breakfast.
Plus, with The Soulfull Project’s hot cereals — including Apple Cinnamon, Blueberry Almond, Brown Sugar Pecan, Cinnamon Spice, and Toasted Coconut — you can add even more delicious flavor to these breakfast recipes.
Concerned about food allergies? Many of our hot cereals and crispy granolas are vegan-friendly and gluten-free. But if nuts are an issue, try our Don’t Go Nuts soy spreads and chewy granola bars for a dairy-free breakfast treat that travels well.
And, for every serving you purchase, the Soulfull project will provide a serving of our hot cereal to a regional food bank in your area.
That’s our commitment to making the world a better place — one breakfast at a time.
For more information on the serving-for-serving program and to check out all our delicious oatmeals, hot cereals, and granolas, visit TheSoulfullProject.com today.